Thursday, February 10, 2011

I trust people, I just don't trust the devil inside them


Our students are unbelievable. Sometimes in a good way, most times in a “what the heck is going on” kind a way.
Some of my students are obsessed with this one boy. Every time he comes in they scream his name and they all run to him. I can’t figure it out.
They fight, a lot. I have to separate them every 2 seconds. I feel like we are more of a “lucha libre” ref than teachers sometimes…




He is really smart and he knows a lot of English. He usually knows all the answers and has a good sense of humor. 
 He does make the creepiest faces, and sometimes I think he is possessed. He sometimes runs around hitting his head with his hands, or banging his head on the wall…
 She has a crush on me and hugs me every chance she gets…

 We tried to get them to spell “ILP” but the space prevented a good picture.


















These are two girls that came in about a week and a half ago (beginning SPE). When they came they could barley say hello. Now they can speak small sentences and answer questions with short answers. It is incredible how fast they have progressed. They are also the two that laughed at me with the crying baby…





My biggest class. We are up to 11 in this class now. 9 boys and 2 girls. As you can tell we have our hands full. They are the Basic Readers. This night only ¾ of them were here.





My advanced SPE class.  They are pretty crazy most of the time too.

All the teachers are in love with this kid. Personally, he drives me nuts because he doesn't listen. Cuteness can only get you so far space cadet!

1 comment:

Trina Bohman said...

Thanks for the laugh. I am so glad that you are writing the blog. It is fun to read.