Saturday, August 30, 2008

Education at Alcalingua

We started school and I found out that the three classes that I am taking at the university here are all taught by the same teacher.  On the first day of school he said "my name is Jesus" (a very common name for hispanics) "not big Jesus up there but little Jesus down here."  I am taking two literature classes and a Spanish Cultural class from him.  He is very engergetic and has straight black long-ish hair (covering his ears).  He, like most Spaniards has pretty good taste in clothes but he tucks his shirts into his underwear...the girls in the class really got a kick out of that.

I have to buy and read 6 literature books by Nov. 15.  Not to bad I guess except for the fact that EVERY weekend we are traveling and sometimes for a week at a time!  Thank goodness my roommate is an english major and loves literature!  He will help a brotha out a lot!

We have 2 classes on Monday and Wednesday and 1 on Tuesday and Thursday.  We don't have class Fridays.  We have our institute classes on Mondays and I am going to start voice lessons with a lady here in two weeks and I don't know what day of the week I will be doing that.

I hope to do well in all my classes because my goal is to have a 3.8 GPA by my Senior year.  This semester may help me get closer to that goal!

3 comments:

Christen and Ian said...

You havent had any amazing adventures for a MONTH!?! ....I think thats a lie :)

I'll send you the recipe shortly!

Nicole said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nicole said...

I'm really glad your blogging about your globe trotting Colton. How can I become a "follower" of your blog?
So glad your having the time of your life.